Call for papers for a special issue of Child and Adolescent Social Work
CALL FOR PAPERS FOR A SPECIAL ISSUE OF CHILD AND ADOLESCENT SOCIAL WORK (CASW)
Seeking manuscripts from researchers and administrators of NGO’s in the Portuguese-speaking world to be published in a special issue of the journal Child and Adolescent Social Work (CASW). This special issue will be devoted to innovative practices for children, youth and families in Portugal and other Lusophone countries (Brazil, Mozambique, Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Sao Tome and Principe and East-Timor).
We are interested in manuscripts in English which describe and test innovative programs or clinical practices which improve the well-being of the most vulnerable children, youth and families; create strategies to better connect families to resources; empower family members; and apply empirical evidence to improve practice and policy. Practice areas are broad and can include physical and mental health, education, child welfare and protection, early care and education, adolescence, gender and sexuality and spirituality.
The editors for this special edition include:
- Mary Elizabeth Rauktis, Ph.D. University of Pittsburgh, School of Social Work, Child Welfare Education and Research Programs;
- Maria Irene Carvalho, PhD. Universidade de Lisboa, Instituto de Ciências Sociais e Políticas, Centro de Administração e Políticas Públicas;
- Carla Pinto, PhD. Universidade de Lisboa, Instituto de Ciências Sociais e Políticas, Centro de Administração e Políticas Públicas;
- Fernando Humberto Serra, PhD. Universidade de Lisboa, Instituto de Ciências Sociais e Políticas, Centro de Administração e Políticas Públicas.
Appropriate submissions for this special issue must fall into one the following three categories:
- Empirical outcome studies of social work practice conducted in Portuguese speaking countries. In terms of research methodology, reports using either group or single system research designs are welcome, as are articles presenting quantitative or qualitative methods. A variety of genuinely relevant theoretical models or conceptual frameworks derived from behavioral science are welcome, as are outcome studies not clearly derived from any particular theoretical approach. Creative studies are encouraged, as are empirical evaluations of the outcomes of social policies.
- Empirical reports on the development and validation of measures useful for assessment and evaluation purposes in social work practice and/or research in Lusophone countries
- Systematic reviews or meta-analyses of the evidence-based foundations of various psychosocial interventions (e.g., Triple P; a social policy), or evidencebased reviews of what is known about effectively helping clients experiencing particular effectively helping clients experiencing particular disorders or problems (e.g., depression, trauma). These reviews must primarily involve published research conducted in Portugal.
Philosophical or conceptual submissions will not be accepted for inclusion in this special issue. All articles must have clear application to social work practices or social policies.
Submissions should be carefully edited by an editor fluent in English prior to submission. The journal cannot provide comprehensive editing services. The journal does not impose any page limits on the length of submissions. Submissions MUST be strictly formatted in current APA
style (see http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx).
Submit your paper via email as a MicroSoft Word document and formatted in current APA style, including being consistent with the APA's Journal Article Reporting Standards to by May 1, 2018.
Send your article to:
Manuscripts will be screened by the editors and authors will be notified by June 1st whether their manuscript has been accepted. The manuscript will then be read by a Portuguese and American reviewer and any suggestions for revisions will be sent to the author by August 1st
with an expectation that the final revised manuscript is submitted by September 30, 2018. If these time-frames are not possible, then please do not submit.