XI Ibero-American Congress of Science and Technology Indicators
The XI Ibero-American Congress of Science and Technology Indicators will be held from 8th to 10th September 2020.
The central theme of the event is “25 years of RICYT: lessons learned and future challenges”. The Congress will discuss traditional issues related to indicators and extend the scope of the debate to those areas of work that can offer new tools for the analysis of science, technology, innovation and its relationship with society and development in the region.
The objectives of the XI Congress are:
- Update the discussion agenda on science, technology and innovation indicators.
- Exchange national and regional experiences between different actors linked to the production, analysis and use of indicators in science and technology.
- Identify the main challenges posed by the use of the information provided by the indicators for the analysis and formulation of scientific and technological policies.
- Analyze the social representations and perceptions about science and technology in the countries of the region.
- Discuss the potential uses of science, technology and innovation indicators to enrich social and political analysis.
The deadline for submission of proposals will be March 31, 2020.
More information is available on the event’s website.