The Centre for Administration and Public Policies (CAPP) was founded in 2001 and is a research unit conducting applied research, consultancy and scientific publication in the area of social and political sciences. Its aim is to be a special bridge between academia and society as a whole.
Our strategy and associated actions have been recognised by Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (Science and Technology Foundation), which has classified CAPP as Excellent.
CAPP's mission is to conduct pure and applied research in the field of public administration science, public policies and similar areas, in pursuit of the following goals:
- To produce scientific knowledge in the areas covered by its research groups;
- To further the education of its researchers;
- To contribute to publication of research results;
- To play a part in national and international knowledge-sharing networks;
- To provide consultancy services to the community.