Post-doctoral research grant
A call for applications for candidates for 1 (one) Postdoctoral Research Grant (BPD), under the project “Public policies and child labor in Portugal and the Portuguese colonies” (PTDC/IIM-ECO/5303/2014) is now open. This position is based at the Centre for Public Administration and Public Policies (CAPP), School of Social and Political Sciences (ISCSP) of the University of Lisbon (ULisboa), funded by FCT with national funds through the State Budget (OE).
The candidates should hold a PhD in Social Sciences, e.g. in Economics, Public Administration, History, or Development. Applicants’ academic trajectory and their research experience must be supported by two recommendation letters and should fit within the purposes of the project. Applicants with project research experience, authorship of relevant scientific publications and fluency in Portuguese and English are strongly encouraged to apply.
The person hired for this post-doc position is expected to:
- To compile quantitative data on child labour and education in the Portuguese colonies;
- To conduct quantitative analysis;
- To perform archival work on Portuguese colonial records or the ILO;
- To contribute to the joint publications of the project team;
- To organize one conference and present working papers at conferences;
- To assist in managing the project (reports, website, etc).
In addition, it is expected to have an auxiliary role in:
- To make a literature review on Portuguese Africa colonial economy with links to the labour market, education and the condition of children;
- To perform interviews.
Legislation and regulations:
Law nº 40/2004, 18th de August (Statute of Scientific Research Fellow); Regulations for a Grant Investigation of Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P – 2015, https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2015.pdf.
The Grantee will develop its activities in the city of Lisbon. The position is based at the Centre for Public Administration and Public Policies (CAPP), Institute of Social and Political Sciences,(ISCSP/ULisboa), under the scientific coordination of Professor Pedro Goulart.
The Grant will last for twelve months, eventually renewable until the maximum fixed under the article 4º of Research Grant Regulation of the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P 2015. The expected starting date is the 1st November of 2016.
Monthly Maintenance Allowance:
The grant amounts to €1495/month, according to the Table of values of the Grants awarded by FCT, I.P, in the country (http://alfa.fct.mctes.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores).
The selection methods will be based on a curricular assessment (50%) and on an interview (50%). The curricular assessment is based on:
- Doctoral degree developed on related area to the project (1/3)
- Proven experience in related projects (1/3)
- Publication in the area of the project (1/3)
The first seven ranked candidates will be admitted to the interview stage in CAPP.
No candidate should be privileged, benefit, impaired, or private of any right or exempted of any duty on the basis of, namely, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family situation, economic situation, education, origin or social condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic disease, nationality, ethnic origin or race, place of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union trade membership.
- Professor Pedro Goulart, CAPP-ISCSP, Universidade de Lisboa (President of the juri);
- Professor Pedro Aires Oliveira, IHC-FCSH, Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Member);
- Professora Paula Pinto, CAPP-ISCSP, Universidade de Lisboa (Member);
- Substitute member: Professor Paulo Seixas, CAPP-ISCSP, Universidade de Lisboa;
The final evaluation results will be publicized through an alphabetical list, which will be posted in a visible and public place of ISCSP, being the applicants notified by email.
Application Date and application presentation:
The application is available from the July 15th until September 5th of 2016.
All application packages should be formalized, mandatorily, through a motivation letter accompanied by the following documentation:
- Short CV (Max: 2 pages);
- Detailed CV;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Copy of diplomas and certificates;
- Sample publication (with identification of the contribution of the candidate);
- Other items considered relevant by the candidate to the selection process.
All applications should be delivered, personally, between the 9h00-17h00 at Secção de Expediente of the Institute of Social and Political Sciences (ISCSP), at Pólo Universitário do Alto da Ajuda, Rua Almerindo Lessa, 1300-663 Lisboa, or sent by post to the same address to the project “Public policies and child labor”, Office 42 on the 0 Floor.
|Call in Portuguese|
|Call in English|