Science and Technology Management Fellowship (BGCT)
The application period for 1 (one) Science and Technology Management Fellowship (BGCT) will be open from 13 to 24 February 2017, at the Center for Public Administration and Public Policy (CAPP), I&D unit UID/CPO/00713/2013, at Instituto Superior de Ciências Sociais e Políticas (ISCSP), Universidade de Lisboa (ULisboa), supported by FCT/MEC through national funds and, when applicable, co-sponsored by FEDER through the new partnership agreement PT2020.
General Description of Planned Activities:
The planned activities will be related to the operational implementation of a research project on territorial policies, and the development and communication of new projects in the same area of expertise, in the scope of the relation between ISCSP’s School of Local Development and the Center for Public Administration and Public Policies (CAPP).
Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and attendance at a Master’s course in Sociology. Experience in field research and duly proven experience in the development of projects and activities in local and territorial development.
Management of a research project:
- Making the necessary contacts and trips for the timely and correct execution of all procedures related to the project’s implementation.
- Doing fieldwork in the metropolitan areas of Porto and Lisboa, including data gathering for the project. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of data.
- Elaboration of research reports and preparation for scientific dissemination of papers, dissemination for specific audiences.
- Organization and management of documents, including support for the creation and management of databases on territorial policies for the School of Local Development at ISCSP.
- Preparing new projects and elaboration of proposals for possible financing partners.
- Survey of financing programs and possible partners in scientific areas related with the School of Local Development.
- Support to the establishment of partnerships between the School of Local Development and other entities.
- Support to the coordination of editing processes of periodical and non-periodical publications developed by the School of Local Development in partnership with CAPP.
- Logistic support to the organization of events, both national and international.
Applicable legislation and regulations:
Law nº40/2004, of 18 August (Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação Científica); Regulation for Research Fellowships from Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, IP – 2015, https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2015.pdf
The workplan shall be carried out at the Center for Public Administration and Public Policy, Instituto Superior de Ciências Sociais e Políticas (ISCSP), under the supervision of Professor Paulo Castro Seixas.
The Grant will last for nine months, starting on April 1st of 2017, eventually renewable up to the maximum established on article 9º of the Research Grant Regulation, from Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P 2015.
Monthly Maintenance Allowance:
The value of the monthly allowance is €900, in accordance with the current table of values directly attributed by FCT, I.P. in the country (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). The value of the contributions for the first level referred to in article 36 of the Law-decree nr.40/89 of Voluntary Social Security (Seguro Social Voluntário), in effect since 1st February, will be added to this value. Adherence to this system is of
the exclusive responsibility of the grantee.
The methods of selection will include the curricular evaluation and an interview. Curricular evaluation will
be considered according to the following formula:
1. Curricular evaluation (50%):
- Proximity of the candidate’s curriculum to the specified scientific area or expertise (20%);
- Duly proven experience on the development of projects and activities related to local/territorial development. The candidate should include projects that he or she has elaborated or developed in previous work experiences (20%);
- Duly proven experience doing fieldwork research (10%);
2. Interview (50%).
No candidate shall be privileged, benefited, prejudiced, excluded or impaired from any right, or exempted from any duty on the basis of ascendancy, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, civil state, family situation, economic situation, education, origin or social condition, genetic heritage, reduced capacity for work, disability, chronic disease, nationality, ethnic origin or race, place of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions or union membership.
- Professor Paulo Seixas (President);
- Professor Joaquim Croca Caeiro (Vowel);
- Professor Pedro Goulart (Vowel).
The final results of the selection process will be publically available through an alphabetically ordered list which will be posted in a public and visible place at ISCSP, and the applicants will be notified by e-mail.
Aplication deadline and apresentation:
The application period will run from 13 to 24 February, 2017.
Applications should be mandatorily formalized through an application letter accompanied by the following documents: a) curriculum; b) diplomas and certificates; c) documents proving the compliance with the admission requirements stated above, as well as any other document considered relevant for the application by the candidate.
Applications should be personally delivered from 9am to 5pm to the Serviço de Expediente at the Instituto Superior de Ciências Sociais e Políticas, at Pólo Universitário do Alto da Ajuda, Rua Almerindo Lessa, 1300-663 Lisboa, or sent by mail to the same address, at the care of Gabinete de Apoio à Investigação, Room 58, 3rd floor.