Research Grant for the Project "100 years of Public Housing Policies in Portugal"
General description of Planned Activities:
The planned activities include the operational implementation of a research project on public housing policies in Portugal, from 2002 to 2018, which is being developed by ISCSP - Centre for Public Administration and Public Policies (CAPP) and Instituto de Habitação e Reabilitação Urbana.
Bachelor's degree in Public Administration. Attendance of a Master's degree in Management and Public Policies. Duly proven mastery of the english language.
Management of a research project:
- Make the necessary contacts and be available to travel for the timely and correct execution of all procedures related to the implementation of the project;
- Fieldwork research to gather data for the project;
- Elaboration of research reports and preparation of the scientific dissemination of articles, including the dissemination to specific audiences;
- Production of content for a national publication and two international publications;
- Production of content for an exhibition;
- Elaboration of a bibliographical, documental, graphical, photographic or administrative inventory;
- Elaboration of an inventory of legislative production;
- Elaboration of an inventory of built ventures;
- Gathering and analysis of data on the housing market, housing financing and social habitation;
- Elaboration of a comparative analysis of housing policies in european countries;
- Analysis and sistematization of housing policies in Portugal from 2002 to 2018, and of the impact of those policies;
- Detailed description of housing programs and policies: PER, PROHABITA, Porta 65, Mercado Social do Arrendamento, Novo Regime do Arrendamento Urbano e Arrendamento Apoiado.
The workplan shall be carried out at the Centre for Public Administration and Public Policy, Instituto Superior de Ciências Sociais e Políticas (ISCSP), under the supervision of Professor Romana Xerez.
The duration of the grant is six (6) months, starting on August 1st, 2017, and will be eventually renewable up to the maximum established on article 9ºof the Research Grant Regulation, from Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P 2015.
Monthly Maintenance Allowance:
The value of the monthly allowance is €745, in accordance to the current table of values directly attributed by FCT, I.P. in the country (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). To this value will be added the value of contributions for the first level of the Voluntary Social Security/Seguro Social Voluntário, referred to in article 36º of Decreto-Lei nº 40/89, of February 1st. Adherence to this system is of the exclusive responsability of the grantee.
The period for applications will open on the June 27th until July 10th of 2017.
1. All applications should be formalized, mandatorily and under penalty of non-admission to the procedure, through an application letter accompanied by the following documentation:
a. Curriculum Vitae;
b. Educational Certificates;
c. Documents proving compliance with the admission requirements, as well as
other supporting documents considered relevant for the application.
2. Applications should be personally delivered from 9am to 5pm at Serviço de Expediente, Instituto Superior de Ciências Sociais e Políticas, Pólo Universitário do Alto da Ajuda, Rua Almerindo Lessa, 1300-663 Lisboa. Applications can also otherwise be sent by mail to the same address, in care of Gabinete de Apoio à Investigação, Office 58, 3rd floor.