New Postdoc Fellowship for the research project "Public Policies and Child Labor in Portugal and the Portuguese Colonies"
Applicants must have a PhD in any Social Science, such as Economy, Public Administration, Sociology, History, African Studies or Development. The applicant’s academic achievements and research experience must be coincident with the objectives of the research project and duly proven through two recommendation letters.
The applicant will:
- Perform quantitative work, particularly in econometrics;
- Lead and/or contribute to collective publications (in English) of the research team
Additionally, the applicant will have an auxiliary role in:
- Organizing a conference and presenting papers at conferences;
- Provide support for the management of the research project (reports, website, etc.)
The maintenance stipend will have a five month duration. It is expected to start on the 1st February 2018, and will be renewable until the end of the research project.
The selection method will be based on the curricular evaluation of the applicant (50%) and an interview (50%).
I. The curricular evaluation (50%) will be considered according to the following criteria:
- PhD in the project’s area of research (5%)
- Duly proven experience in quantitative research (20%)
- Publications in the project’s area of research (20%)
- Fluency in English (5%)
II. Interview (50%)
The full notice is available for download.